Dates: July 21 – 25, 2014
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Location: TAPS Studio
227 Broadway (Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues)
Denver, CO 80203
BTI’s Audition Boot Camp is an intense 5-day audition workshop that will prepare you for auditions by arming you with new material, invaluable coaching from a top Broadway Casting Director, and mock auditions to hone your skills. You will add brand new material to your audition book, experience the very best coaching on songs and monologues, learn to conquer dance auditions and “Turn Cold Readings into Hot Auditions”, strengthen your vocal technique, find your personal style for audition clothing in “What NOT to Wear”, take your audition to the next level in “Acting Your Song”, and much more. At the end of the week, you will attend a Mock Audition, Master Class and Q&A with Broadway Casting Director, Rachel Hoffman. You’ll receive written feedback on your audition from both the casting director and BTI faculty. Enrollment for this workshop will be limited to allow every student to receive personalized coaching.
Rachel Hoffman, CSA, has worked in casting since 1999. She is currently a Casting Director at Telsey + Company. Projects include “Smash” (NBC pilot and series), both Sex & The City films, and the Broadway productions of Memphis, Bring It On, Hands On A Hardbody, First Date, Wicked, Newsies, Kinky Boots, Annie, Motown, Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark, Rent, In The Heights, Rock Of Ages, Legally Blonde, South Pacific, Catch Me If You Can, Next To Normal, Sister Act, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, The Addams Family, Grey Gardens, The Color Purple, Million Dollar Quartet, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, and many others. Regionally, she regularly casts productions for La Jolla Playhouse in San Diego, The Goodman Theatre in Chicago, Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera, and the Paper Mill Playhouse. Prior to joining Telsey + Company, Rachel was involved in the casting of The Boy from Oz, Brooklyn, Bat Boy: the Musical (Original Off Broadway production), Altar Boyz, Children of Eden (at The Ford’s Theatre), and Godspell (2000 Off-Broadway Revival at the York Theatre). She is on the board of the Casting Society of America, and is also a faculty member at the University of Michigan’s MPulse summer musical theatre program, as well as the Broadway Dreams Foundation. Prior to casting, she worked as a performer in NYC, and received her BFA in Musical Theatre from the University of Michigan. Current projects include An American In Paris, Chasing The Song (La Jolla Playhouse), Brigadoon (Goodman Theatre), A Little More Alive (KC Rep), Guys & Dolls (Carnegie Hall).
• Mock Audition, Master Class, and Q&A with Broadway Casting Director, Rachel Hoffman
• A field trip to the Central Library in downtown Denver for a private tour of the plays and music collections with a research librarian. The workshop faculty will be on hand to help you choose the perfect audition material, using the library’s collections and on-line data bases.
• Coaching on both a NEW song and monologue that the workshop faculty will help you select
• Tricks for picking up choreography quickly in dance auditions
• Limited enrollment to allow every student to receive personalized coaching
• Invaluable feedback on your Mock Audition, from Broadway Casting Director, Rachel Hoffman and BTI Faculty
• Leave with new material audition ready and the knowledge of how to find great material on your own
Prerequisites: Participants should be a minimum of 14 years in age and comfortable in at least two of the three musical theatre disciplines, with a desire to improve in all three.
Questions: e-mail email@example.com